Tuesday, November 13, 2012

More Riddles By Bennett Cerf . . . And More Drawings By Roy McKie

 
 
More Riddles By Bennett Cerf
. . . And More Drawings By Roy McKie

1961

If your kids are like my kids, they love a good joke.  And by good, I do mean hokey and daft.  I remember when I was about seven, sitting in Ponchos (my then favorite mexican restaurant), craning my neck to look at the pinatas lining the shelves above the booths, and listening to my dad crack one corny joke after another.

"The boy said to his father, the sun, 'Father, how come you know so much?'
Father, the sun, said to his son, the boy, 'Well, son, I suppose it's because I'm so bright.'"

Bad.  I know.  But I loved it.  I thought my dad was the most clever of all men.  This book reminds me of those days.

 
Suspensful drumroll, please . . .
 
Dadumdum.  Soooo bad.  But I love it.  And so do my kids.
 


Betcha can't guess.
 
 
You get the picture.  Each rhyme is worse (better) than the one before.
 
Pray, do tell.  I've always wondered that myself.
 
 
My dad could have written this book.  But then again, he didn't have Roy McKie looking over his shoulder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment